Our job evaluation solution is the preferred technology partner to:
Determining the value and worth of a job
Gauge+, our factor-based job evaluation software, helps assess jobs through an objective, systematic process of elimination, creating a value and description for every job role.
Job evaluation determines the internal relative value of jobs through a consistent set of factors, skills and requirements. Complete, fair and transparent, job evaluation helps to justify pay scales and eliminate gender bias in assignments and compensation.
- Fair, consistent and objective: The system asks a series of questions about the job responsibilities to determine the worth of the duties carried out by employees.
- Easy: No requirement for a job description. In fact, Gauge+ produces a job summary.
- Quick: Each job evaluation is typically completed in approximately one hour; responses to certain questions rule out the need to answer others.
- Defensible: An ‘audit trail’ of answers to questions enables cross-comparisons of Jobs.
- Effective safeguard: As the software measures the job, rather than the person, you can safeguard against potential discrimination challenges.
- Minimal training required: A job analyst inputs a job holder’s and her/his Manager’s responses to a set of carefully tailored questions under each of the factor headings.
- Buy-In: Job holders feel ‘bought in’ as they can be directly involved in evaluating their own Jobs.
- ‘Rank order’ of job scores: Job score can then be used to design a grading structure.
Job evaluation schemes
Our job evaluation software is used by organisations in both the public and private sectors. Whether you require a bespoke solution, designed for a particular industry, or would like to adopt a union approved factor-based scheme, we can help.
Pilat work in conjunction with the Local Government Association, Association of Colleges, organisations and supporting trade unions to create the computerised versions of the National Joint Councils’ (NJC) job evaluation scheme, Association of Colleges (AoC) job evaluation scheme, Police Staff Council (PSC) job evaluation scheme and the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA) job evaluation scheme. All of which are approved at national level.
As well as tailoring schemes to meet industry demands, developing a Fixed-Factor solution created for private sector organisations. This scheme can be tailored to meet the requirements of your industry.
To find out more about these schemes, please visit out dedicated sector pages below:
- Factor Schemes – based on a job evaluation factor elimination scheme which assigns levels to multi-dimensional factors and point values to express their worth.
- Reports – produces several standard reports to support the job evaluation process as well as a full query and extract tool for ad-hoc reporting.
- Support – Pilat provides clients with comprehensive support, before, during and after the implementation of the scheme.